Gateway for the KNX installation, specifically matched to the demanding requirements in the commercial sector. With the Gira FacilityServer, systems and building functions can be networked intelligently with each other and the entire KNX installation can be monitored, controlled and programmed centrally from a PC. Access and monitoring of the building and system technology from outside is also possible by connecting to the Internet. Also serves as a data server for higher-level facility management systems, to which it provides stored consumption and operating data for evaluation. It offers the complete functional range of the Gira HomeServer, but is equipped with considerably more memory capacity for its use in the commercial sector. This enables considerably larger amounts of data to be stored and more complex, more extensive visualisations to be created. Several Gira FacilityServers can be networked in order to interconnect buildings which are spatially separated from each other: Local and higher-level applications can be combined. In addition to a PC, access is also possible via other Internet-capable devices connected to LAN, WLAN, or the internet. As a result, KNX functions can be controlled and regulated anywhere. The Gira Control 9 Client, Gira Control 19 Client 2 and the Gira HomeServer app can be used as convenient operating devices. The app is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store and can be used on smartphones and tablets.
- Can be updated.
- Installation in 19″ rack. For this purpose the scope of supply includes a 19″ insert unit with an aluminium plate. Can also be used as a stand-alone device.
- Management of 200 users. Multiple logins possible under one user name.
- Project archiving with individual content such as floor plans, etc.
- Cyclic/triggered data recording (for example, temperature courses, elapsed-hours meters, fill levels).
- Graphic user interface: Visualisation of building and device states with freely positionable icons and texts. Saving of individual images and menu structures for each user group.
- Evaluation of IP cameras: Recording of images and playback in the visualisation. Forwarding of footage and images via email and FTP. National requirements, e.g. protocol-specific information and communications standards need to be observed.
- Exporting of data or alarm records in the Excel™, CSV, HTML or XML file formats.
- Mathematical functions (e.g. basic operations).
- Storing and calling up of light scenes.
- Timers, weekly program, public holiday calendar.
- Fault messages, measured values and sensor or actuator states can be transmitted by push notification and e-mail. Acknowledgement via KNX.
- Self-teaching occupied-home simulation.
- Remote programming via network, Internet and data communications connections.
- Transmitting ASCII texts.
- IP coupling with products from other manufacturers that generate or edit IP telegrams for control.
- Graphic logic editor: Allows for example copying module groups across projects, creating any number of work sheets. Over 150 logic nodes are set up.
- Importing and exporting of global libraries.
- Communication objects: Data transfer from ETS by means of OPC or directly from the knxproj file. Import and export of communication objects as CSV file.
- Universal timer: Several switching points possible per clock. Use of placeholders in day, month, year. Activation/deactivation via communication object. With Astro and random function.
- Data backup/restoration of retentive data.
- 14-byte KNX texts: Evaluation by comparison with text string. Use in push notification, e-mails, or status page.
- Receipt of IP telegrams: Specification of an address range, extraction of 14-byte KNX texts, assignment to 14-byte KNX texts.
- SNMP: Reading out numeric and 14-byte KNX texts. Setting numeric values, integer values, and texts. Transmitting SNMP Traps via FacilityServer command. Optional ColdStart Trap when starting the FacilityServer.
- Operation/status display via Agfeo telephone system.
- Evaluation of web-based IP devices (reading/writing).
- Bus access via KNXnet/IP protocol.
- iETS server: Remote programming of KNX systems. Enabling of iETS function with a communication object. Gira HomeServer continues to run without restriction during programming via iETS. Switching processes continue to run. Process image remains current.
1 x RJ45, 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
via KNX IP router, USB data interface
approx. 15 W
0 °C to +45 °C
- Further information: www.gira.de/facilityserver.
- Technical information may vary or be modified depending on version. In the same way, the scope of service can vary among the individual clients (QuadClient, iOS app, Android app).
- Recommended system requirements for operating devices: Internet browser of possible operating devices must support at least HTML 4.0, Java Script 1.1, CSS, and Dynamic HTML.
- Gira FacilityServer Expert software for operating systems from Windows XP™ including Internet Explorer from Version 6.0.
- Adoption of the ETS group addresses from ETS 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Integration of graphics programs.
Scope of supply
- A mains cable, null modem cable, brief commissioning instructions, Gira FacilityServer with temperature-controlled fan in a 19″ insert (48.26 cm) with an aluminium plate are included in the scope of supply.
Additional figures available in the media database
To the media database